Pages

Saturday, 22 August 2015

Life with Young Adults #102

After extolling how quiet my 21 year old son is when he returns from his bar job in the small hours of morning he decided that making quesadillas at 5am was quite the norm and indeed a very quiet act. I can tell you it isn't! Every cupboard door opening, chopping ingredients on the chopping board, getting a frying pan out from all the other pans sounded like war zone. Why he also had to go up and down the stairs several times during the process I have no idea but he clearly used the squeaky stairs he told me he always avoids stepping on so as not wake me up. 

Needless to say a mum style Banshee joined in this cacophony of sound where upon I was told I was making to much noise as I hissed through my teeth Go to bed! 

It was night back from holiday, and across the house, 
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse... Except my son! My arse! 

2 comments:

  1. Lolling a lot at that. My 22yr old is the same - bacon wafting though the house at 2am and then thundering up the stairs having left the kitchen in disarray for me to clean up when I get up at 6am - as I do. Then that 'what's your problem' look you get if you mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gail, the smell of bacon would drive me insane

    ReplyDelete