Pages

Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Man-shakes


Psssst.. got invited to a secret Bloggers Brunch last weekend. Was sworn to secrecy about location until now. My +one Matchmaker extraordinaire chum came with. We arrived at about 1130 with hungry bellies after  both doing a moring run. We were ready for FOOD. Enter Soul Kitchen at The Wardrobe, Leeds. This is in the arty bit of town next to the West Yorkshire Playhouse and Northern Ballet if you want to get you bearings. I love The Wardrobe at the best of times, chilled, cool music, great atmosphere. Just what you want for a brunch venue, particularly if it was the morning after the night before. 
The menus were brought out with milkshake the likes I have never seen

The Man Shake was chocolate, peanut butter, BACON!, and vanilla ice cream. I immediately thought of cosmic girlie. We didn't try it as we were too intent on stuffing our faces so our attention turned to the menu.


I opted for Egg and bacon muffins while my friend went for the pancakes bacon and maple syrup. We also had huge glasses of juice or in my case a Bloody Shame - spicy fiery no vodka but delicious.
Take a peek at the pics below and let me know what you think. At £17.50 for 2 with unlimited coffee and unable to eat for the rest of the day I'd say this was good value. Kids are welcome. Live music in the background.  Make a brunch date make it at The Soul Kitchen The Wardrobe



2 comments:

  1. The food looked beautifully presented, what good value too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food looks and sounds absolutely heavenly!

    ReplyDelete