Pages

Monday, 17 February 2014

Old fingers, night sweats and coarse hair

With a blog title that can only mean one thing. Mother Nature  has come a calling and she has brought me some unwanted gifts.
The old fingers may, according to my GP, be the start of arthritis. Wtf! One hand has swollen itchy sausage fingers. I did not associate that with arthritis. An X-ray is now scheduled to hopeful rule that out. Please god let it be a case of swollen itchy finger. Given my recent cereal box challenge and limber limbs it can't possibly be Arthur Itis.

Oh my lawd can someone turn the heating down! Oh my room is like an ice block you say. Well what's that foul sweaty odour in the middle of the night? Surely the dog is in my room doing silent sleepy farts? No? It's me? 

Coarse hair giving you trouble? It never did me, before now. These days I seem to be on a permanent quest to find the perfect shampoo to turn my greying brunette Brillo pad locks into something more sleek shiny bouncy and youthful.

There is of course the unwanted hair in prominent places but I just can't face admitting to my bearded lady status just yet.

Mother nature can just go ........

6 comments:

  1. Oh Christ, she'll be coming for me now... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's gang up on her and fight her off !

      Delete
  2. she got me - hairy eyebrow syndrome - my eyesight is getting worse - not sure if the eyebrows are blocking my line of vision but anyhow I now need glasses on and a magnifying glass held close to tweeze my brows - thank goodness I don't have hairs in awkard places that need plucking (yet!) no doubt that will all come as I turn 55 on Monday - trying to think positive on that one - the average life expectancy in the UK has increased for example (in all my Catherine cookson books the heroines die before 55 so I suppose I have done well there). Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty. Happy birthday for Monday! Shall I send you some tweeters with built in magnifying glasses? Aging pah!

      Delete
  3. She got me in the 90's after my rushed hysterectomy at 29. Settled eventually with HRT. Didn't need the HRT or nuffink after 15 years. Made a comeback 2 years ago but in moderation. just the odd-but-viscious flush. I do have arthritis on two finger joints but my body hair seems to have slowed down and ceased to be in some parts. I've no need to ever pluck my eyebrows! I use reading glasses now! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena oh you were a bit ahead of your time. We should swap arthritis tips

      Delete