Pages

Sunday, 24 November 2013

Reasons to be cheerful

Ok so now that Ian Dury and his Blockheads are earworming your head in its good to count your blessings.
This week I have been thankful for the following:

  • a big solid wood John Lewis wardrobe bought on ebay for £50 and now in pride of place in guest room
  • my BiL & Step dad for putting up said wardrobe
  • A daughter who is so happy in following her dream its a joy to see. This has meant late nights every night this week when I have to do a 30 mile round trip to pick up daughter post Christmas show but to see her face. you guessed it its worth it.
  • 10 hours sleep in 1 go. This is unheard of in my house, well for me not the teenager. That's a typical weekend
  • 2 runs in 1 week. I haven't managed this for ages plus I also got to the 4 mile milestone I had set for myself a week earlier than planned. I hated every step of the way and really have lost my running mojo but somehow still got my butt out there
  • getting the rarest hot roast beef sandwich with rocket at work. Normally it is so tough and chewy but this week. Ta dah!
  • for sticking with Homeland - its finally coming together but so little of Brodie
  • a clean fridge. Sad I know,. There was  strange smell. I had to find the source. We have 2 fridges side by side each looking a guilty as the next. The integrated bastards. I hate them. Source found. Source exterminated.
  • buying not 1 but 2 Christmas magazines at great expense, Ideal Home & Homes & Gardens if you want to know. Then having the audacity to veg mid afternoons and read them . The audacity I know!
Small pleasures...


1 comment:

  1. Magazines and vegging mid afternoon - sounds great. Congratulations on your running target, I can't even run for a bus although I do swim several times a week to keep the bingo wings at bay I had under a bathing cap and imagine that nobody knows who I am. Your fridge clean has reminded me that we have a freezer in the garage that's sprouting cauliflower shaped ice sculptures and needs defrosting! Have a good week, Betty

    ReplyDelete