Pages

Monday, 4 November 2013

Probably the best Banana cake in the World

I don't often do recipes, But you know when I do that it has to be a good one. I give you Banana & Ginger Cake....


 175g caster sugar
   25g dark treacle
300g bananas
125ml sunflower oil
4 eggs
75g chopped ginger - we used crystallised stuff
200g wholemeal plain flour
3 tbsp baking powder

Line a 20cm cake tin. We used a loaf tin and made 1 large and a baby one out of this mixture

Put sugar and bananas in a bowl. Mash to smooth
Add treacle
beat in oil, eggs and stir in ginger
Add flour and baking powder
Stir well
Put in tin
Bake at 170C or 150C fan for 50 - 60 mins
We then iced said cake with a butter icing

I am not a fan of banana cake,preferring its carrot cousin but this has gone to number 1. I will deliberately not eat the bananas now so we have enough to make this

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment