- Firstly I buy tonic to go with the gin. It has to be the teeny tiny tins of tonic or even better the teeny tine bottles of fever tree if I am feeling particularly flush. I am not feeling flush.
- Speaking of flush.. The toilet paper has to be thick, quilted, embossed, expensive! We have it in vast quantities
- Liquid hand soap is eschewed for small tablets of soap
- Banish spicy foods although Long Suffering Step mum loves spicy. We never ever call anything curry or it wont get eaten
- The refusal to use the main bathroom for a morning shave in preference for the guest bathroom means that the smallest room in the house is rammed full of more toiletries than the average Boots.
- Superglue is bought and at the ready for all the things he may or may not break
- There will be at least one clumsy incident
- There will be at least one item, usually quite important ie medication, underwear, that they forget to bring.
- All dentists, hairdressers and local garage or on stand by for the regular visit.
- As is their old local pub, ikea and every single supermaket chain going
- A visit to the bottle bank pre arrival is essential as the numbers of corks a popping every night is significant. They are on holiday and thats what you do. I am more than happy to partake as is She-ra
- The local bacon consumption will increase significantly
- We will have more cheese than a counter in Selfridges
- Cakes a plenty
- The dog will have extra long walks in the morning and therefore will loiter noisily outside their bedroom from about 5am
- 5am is usually the first rising of grandad.
- The house will be noisy - we love it
My Drinkaware month – an update
20 hours ago