Pages

Monday, 2 April 2012

Lights camera action


I would like to dedicate this blog post to Betty. Her recent comment made me realise that yes things have been pretty awful of late but  there have been some moments of total bliss too. These need celebrating more often and I should return to being the glass half full, overflowing even, person I was once.

We saw the poster at school many months ago.Together we did a kick ass application - or so we thought. months passed. She-ra gets an invitation for an assessment day in February half term.

It was at this point when she went to the assessment day that She-ra realised the magnitude of what she had applied for. She had been selected along with 125 others from over 1400applicants for a 2 week internship at ITV. There were all ages, 14 - 18, and from all over the country. There were less than 10 places ( it is at this point we are a bit vague because She-ra is a lot vague at the best of time. ) So we celebrated the fact we had got this far. Any further would be a bonus. We had the comical drop off in half term, or embarrassing drop off point depending whether you listen to me or her. She wanders in and joined the first queue she saw whilst I waved frantically in the car to go and ask someone where she had to go and not just stand with the first group of people she saw. I believe she said " Stop embarrassing me mother." ( I am always addressed as mother when I am embarrassing/annoying/in disgrace - all of which seems to be often these days. It always said is a pseudo 1940's voice too)

End of march was notification day. Having just got out of the shower as you do at 4pm in the afternoon wrapped in a giant towel and mascara panda eyes ( 'cos we cant be bothered to remove it ) she reached for her phone having been separated from it for all of 15 - 20 minutes. OMG I've got the email, she declared. So I waited at the foot of the stairs looking up at my sopping wet daughter scroll through the email she had just received. It felt like an eternity. And then we had it. The massive grin. I've got it, I'm in!, she declared. Then she burst in tears.
To celebrate we had her favourite M&S Pizza, Spicy Chicken, and a copy of Grazia. Simple pleasures. She's still buzzing and grinning days later. a new wardrobe will also be called for too apparently.
please don't ask me what she will be doing as i shall refer you to the vague comment made earlier. All I know it is behind the scenes production and she will get the opportunity to make her own short film

5 comments:

  1. I am so proud of my niece x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful...keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats fantastic, she did so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, one proud mum here I think and rightly too! Thank you so much for the dedication - glad you are noisy again, I didn't like that long silence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge and even huger congratulations - getting in the final 10 must feel so good! A very successful career can only ensue from this result. Good on her...!

    My son is is sitting music and multimedia at uni and is (coincidentally) filming a music video with his band right this minute! He deliberately keeps mum until all the tweaking is done no matter how many times I ruddy well try to eek the storyline out of him. Grrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete