Pages

Friday, 15 July 2011

I would rather die than do a Ginger!

I'm sorry if you are of gorgeous auburn locks, of red rubyness, of autumnal colours but I'm afraid when it comes to the attraction stakes I have yet to find one that has set the juices flowing. As a lady, yes I feel lady is the correct description, of the best years ever * the decade of 40's, I feel I have some experience here that I can draw on. My years of expert window shopping of the opposite sex what ever the time of day I have yet to do the old double take when I have already clocked that curly carrot top. What is it about being ginger that had my sister and I worrying when we were pregnant with our relevant off spring that they might inherit the ginger gene from 2 generations ago? Why does the thought of ginger pubes make my skin crawl more than say grey ones? Why do gingers get such a bashing? Why does there appear to be so many in the limelight. Be it Ron Weasley, Rebekah Brookes or Boris Becker they always seem to have high profiles whether it be in the media or the business world. Why does this small representation of the population seem to be taking over the world?


Whilst playing a very sophisticated game last night called " who would you rather" with clearly an equally very sophisticated group of friends it was on the posing question of "who would you rather Ron Weasley or Daniel Radcliffe or die " that my true gingerphobia was revealed ( thanks god they didn't pose one about dwarves because that would have ended it for me ) Yes I would rather die than "do" Ron. Sorry Ron.





6 comments:

  1. I like ginger hair and auburn, ron Weasley is my favourite in Harry Potter! No gingers in our family apart from Ambercat (known as the ginger whinger because she demands a lot of attention and is very vocal).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty - auburn is ok. And as a character Ron is cool. As a who would you rather choice, er, nope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strawberry blonde? titian? all lovely names and yet ginger is the one every body uses.......you have started me thinking about who would you rather now.........will report back later....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife is a red head..she hates her hair, can't control it, and would give up bit's of anatomy to be anything but....I love her hair...without it, I'd have a heck of a job to find her at boot sales :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve
    I am sure your wife is beautiful and all the better for having you to love her hair too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a ginger, and have one ginger kid (out of 3!) and have only just begun to love my hair colour. As me and my ovaries grew, I was only ever interested in one ginger - Eric Stoltz. I wouldn't have minded the 'ginge velcro effect' with him, I can tell you. And as far as 'ikkle Ron is concerned, I don't think dark hair would do him any favours neither......! But he does have nice teeth.

    ReplyDelete