Pages

Friday, 17 June 2011

A work day and I was naked

Today has been the end of very busy working week. To be fair every week is a bloody hard working week but this one just seemed even more so. I rarely leave the office. I seem bound to my desk by invisible cords. A shame when I know the city is calling me, tempting me with lovely shops to spend my money. But no, I eat at my desk and just plough one through. I can't even be arsed to go to the gym like I did last year. Oh no sorry that wasn't last year that was 4 years ago. Nor do I slope off with a book to find some sunshine to bathe in. Nope work work work. Just like the rest of the world.
Apart from today. I was on a mission. To buy a cigar. For father day. It's not often I buy such gifts but hey he's here instead of there and I thought why not. Plus I got one for a very good friend and colleague at work by way of thanks. Thrilled at being in a humidor. Delighted at my purchases and the fact I managed not buy myself any cigars despite being a smoke free zone for many a decade ( but I could at a drop of hat I really could .) This spurred me on. What else was I in the mood for? Getting naked clearly. Having just returned from a week on very hot sunshine what I felt I needed was a bikini. What better time try on a bikini than when you have a tan. OK so the kids have being calling me Benidorm Madge. Really ! Harrumph! Actually less Madge more mottled spam as I had slapped on sun cream like a demented idiot missing more than I hit with the result of a mottled spam effect the next day. This is never a good look particularly when you have gone on a romantic-can't keep your-hands-off-each-other week with Hot Date.





So never one to pass up an impulse I dived into the nearest retail therapy surgery. In this case TK Maxx and dived on the swimwear section. Having harboured bikini envy for a whole week. whilst away along with Summer wardrobe envy too I felt that my next jolly in the summer should be better kitted out. 10 bikinis later I have purchased 2 at a tenner each down from £55 each. Bargain! It did it strike me as bizarre as I was stood starkers at a half past one of a work day that I wouldn't normally be naked at this time of day. But then I quite like the idea of being naked when you shouldn't be - it's so naughty isn't it.

2 comments:

  1. Great figure there Mrs W....my bikini days are long gone.........as for being naked when you shouldn't, yep...like kissing at unexpected times and in unexpected places...naughty but nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby - Thanks.I take the continental view on bikinis as it doesn't seem to matter what size or shape you are over there you all wear one. Ooo impromptu snogging, bring it on

    ReplyDelete