Pages

Monday, 23 May 2011

My Lady Garden

When Tara threw down the latest challenge for The Gallery as being "my back yard" I though hurrah I can talk about my lovely small garden . That's alright, cry my family, because you are small. ( I am not small I am 5'5.5", that half inch is very important, its just the rest of them that are giants.) So yes it is small but perfectly formed, a little scraggy on occasion around the edge but nothing a quick trim can't sort out. It's easy to tend to and can accommodate all sorts of activities be it bathing in the sunshine, pulling up weeds, chilling, reading, quoffing ( love that word ), entertaining, fire building and last but not least somewhere for the dog to spend a penny or leave a pound.

Over the years I have had varying sizes of back yards. In Edinburgh we had a shared garden that we hardly ever used. Especially after the Old Woman With Scissors incident. In the North East we had a Victorian terraced house whose back yard had been taken up by a garage so all we had left was a space like a large coffin. We used to fish wife on the front door step instead - much more fun. We then had houses with much bigger gardens particularly the last one and doing the lawn was a truly exhausting task; think demented gardener look.
If I could change anything it would be a spot of sunshine that lasts way into the evening so I can enjoy a glass of chilled something and a patch big enough to grow vegetables in other than that I'm quite happy with my small lady garden.





14 comments:

  1. the only thing missing from my garden is a dog - it's a small garden about 10foot long as the other 20 foot got donated to my conservatory... it's crammed with pots and little trees and I love it but I would like to push the fence down and let the woods the other side be my continuous view - you can't do that of course or all the pervs would stand in the woods and make me their continuous view - you can't have everything I suppose - it is a continual fight to stop the brambles and weeds climbing under/over the fence. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady garden!! *sniggers like a teenager*
    Lovely photos of your small but perfectly fornmed lady garden! Sounds lovely hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you can't beat a small lady garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As lady gardens go, this one looks pretty cool. That's a very happy dog chewing a branch. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha 'lady garden' did make me think twice before clicking, great photos though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your garden - wish mine was smaller as too big to keep on top of really. Need a gardener! I am same height as you and my teenagers call me little - but that was tall back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely garden and looks like there have been some wonderful times in it! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh it's lovely. Have to say I had a teenage giggle over 'lady garden' too. *Slaps own wrist*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you have packed a lot of fun into your little garden. God I didn't even think about that being a euphemism. See what you've started. Sorry. Would delete but its too funny now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great garden because obviously love lives there....family, fun, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. tee hee, you said lady garden...

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely little lady garden x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never thought I'd say this but your lady garden is gorgeous.

    *snigger*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Betty - but you have an amazing wood for a back garden
    Mummy mishaps - i love a good double entendre
    helloitsgemma - I agree!
    Reluctant housedad - That dog likes to be chewing something
    Vicki - so glad you clicked through anway
    potterjotter - me too I was once tall!
    Mummydaddyme - only been here a year so plenty more good times ahead
    motherporridge - you just have to be naughty sometimes
    Alexander Residence - yup that garden is rammed.
    Libby - oh bless thank youX
    tiddly - tee hee I know
    Edspire - it is, Better than a great big gash of a garden
    SAHM - Thanks am sniggering too

    ReplyDelete