Pages

Saturday, 26 February 2011

Brown Paper packages tied up with string

There are some things in life that just do it for me. They don't cost the earth, more times than not they are even free. Warm sunshine in winter or early spring. The perfectly cooked steak Frites. The pop of a cork and the glug glug sound of a brilliant bottle of red. A phone call form someone you love. I give you simple pleasures.

Naturally family is a very simple pleasure when done right. the fact that I look rather bizarre in this pose is forgiven for the fact I have both my children with me and they are smiling and he-man isn't pulling a face.
The dog walk - What more can I say? She loves me and I love her. We see the first signs of the seasons changing together, she snuggles & nuzzles me. we have only just started walking together again after 3 long months due to stupid leg. I think she was delighted and extra bouncy that day.
My girl friends. Not that they are a simple but we do find laughter in the simplest of things. they are there for the good and the bad times. I am blessed.
The perfect fresh black coffee. Every day. Does nothing for your teeth mind.
Cigar smoking.The aroma, the size...* in a wee trance. I don't do it any more but so easily could, I really really could.
Perfectly ripe fruit or vegetables. The first of the season. I have to have asparagus or strawberries. Peaches and cherries being a big favourite. Life can be a bowl of cherries.


And sometimes you need batteries.

17 comments:

  1. Lol fab post!! I have chosen dog walking as mine too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I'd scrolled down to the last photo I was already thinking some of your images were sexual - the fat cigar and the ripe peach. So I roared with laughter at your rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nic - Dog walking is good for the soul
    trish - I hadn't realised until you pointed it out. Can you tell that Hot date is away at the moment. something is clearly on my mind. Glad to make you roar

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha at least someone is honest ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie - I think mine is more adult pleasures
    auntie gwen - hope you have one too, blogging twin

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I am still laughing! Last one is very true, though, very true!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab list. I thought I spotted a little innuendo with the cigar thing, then I scrolled down...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caroline - Every woman should have one
    Manana Mama - I love an innuendo. Proper Frankie Howerd me

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh la la. Simple pleasures indeed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Over the hill mum - not too riqsue?

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this, wasn't expecting the last one! do your children read this?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tiddly - it was a bit of a twist
    Helloitsgemma - I was pulling you into a false sense of security. What kids? Do I have children? Someone should tell them they have a mother under all that washing *not a simple pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah yes...simple pleasures....you are right about so many of those.....food, wine, friends and family and also appreciating how lucky we are......and is the rabbit as good as they say?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, I’ve been looking about this specific topic for about an hour, glad i found it in your website!

    online pharmacy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beneficial info and excellent design you got here! I want to thank you for sharing your ideas and putting the time into the stuff you publish! Great work!

    cheap nolvadex

    ReplyDelete