In no particular order
- We moved house to our lovely new family home. Filled with sunshine and laughter. It's mine all mine ( well and the kids and the dog )
- I went to Barcelona with work and had an absolute ball. Sides ached with laughing, and in the name of work too. Normally you are lucky if go more than a 100 mile radius away.
- Saw She-ra confidence grow in buckets. She's a much happier person than this time last year
- He-man got through his gcse's and even managed to pass some of them
- My sister moved house too and its absolutely fab
- Brother in law has work coming out of his ears
- I got really into my running and could do a 10k in less than an hour - hurrah, It's good for me anyway, have you seen the size of my thighs?!
- We are no longer camping virgins but might call for an annulment
- I realised there was more to life than Inspector Frost and a cold flat and moved on
- There is a lot more laughter in my life these days, mainly due to Hot Date, just hope it lasts.
The thing is I can't help measure this list by the fact that nearly all of these blessings are as a result of overcoming the after effects of my ex. He casts a shadow over every day of my life and right this moment that shadow has gripped my son who is in a very dark place. What an utter bastard who could do something so utterly awful and not face the consequences. It was with these thoughts in my head that I couldn't face New Years Eve partying and felt thoroughly miserable. But the sun rose on a new day and in the words of the Buttercup syrup Capercaillie "I feel better now!"<