Pages

Thursday, 30 September 2010

What to wear

Help!

I don't know what to wear. I am attending an awards ceremony with my team on Monday. We're shortlisted. Or short arsed as my sister would put it. I have worn all my own posh frocks bar one so have been on the scrounge and now I just don't know what to wear. I am totally spoilt for choice. So I need your help to decide.
Do we go for Dress A? A maxi number, that with the right bra could work very well. Not sure what to do with my hair or what shoes to wear with it ( heels, given my apparently dwarfish status - I don't think 5'6 is small but it is in my family )
so I give you Dress A....
and here is dress B - a slinky sexy number...Both A & B have the added advantage that I can scoff huge amounts of the Michelin starred food we will be served and I will be still be able to breathe. I don't think I can say the same for Dress C, a red velvet number, proper vintage (madmen era ) and ahem - snug fitting.

She-ra set up the shots. I particularly like the way she has managed to capture the domesticity of the situation with one of those washing machine plastic thingys in the foregraound. I also like the way she got me to act all relaxed like, just like a top model. She even managed to capture I-have-just-got-home-from-work-and-am-absolutely-knackered look perfectly. David Bailey need not worry and as for me taking over from Linda Vaginablister - she can sleep safe in her bed tonight. But in the meantime if you could be so kind as let me know whether I should go for A B or C I would be much obliged. I'll let you know if we win....


12 comments:

  1. Deffinately the "knock em dead" red! All look great though!
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly - I would go for whichever you feel most comfortable and at ease in. You don't want to spend the whole evening pulling in your tummy or checking your straps etc. - not that you have a tummy to pull in by the look of it!!
    Enjoy your evening. What is the award for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like dress B on you but it needs some big red lipstick and toenails. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the maxi x Good luck with the award, I'll vote for you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really hard as between Twitter n blog there is no overall winner. I'm leaning towards maxi as I don't own one and whilst u can't really see it here, the cleavage was fantastic. I'll have to see how I feel on night at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going for B oh dwarfy sister.

    Am laughing at the 'natural' photos. Especially the 'I might have pooed myself sat on the sofa red dress' one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you little BIG sister. Like I said She-ra took the photos and clearly she is a natural at capturing mother looking a twat style photos. I didn't realise I pulled so many ridiculous faces. maybe I shoudl enter a gurning competitoin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lancastrian friend2 October 2010 at 22:42

    Love the maxi.Cleavage might be worth a few extra votes or drinks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The maxi gets my vote, if it's not too late to say so! As long as it's comfy and you can eat with impunity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The silver dress won in the end. As much as I loved the maxi dress my very own Gok Wan suggested that was best for beaches and hot weather and long alcoholic drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent - that was the man catcher dress in my opinion - good choice. xxx

    ReplyDelete