Pages

Sunday, 16 May 2010

Tits, purple flowers, eggs and family





So I finally get my arse, act, together and have done the 7 9supposed) interesting things about me using only the medium of photos. All thanks to being tagged by Audrey Horne.




Doing this exercise meant I couldn't fulfill the other challenge of doing the self portrait challenge for the Gallery. However after seeing Audrey's post for that one nothing could come close to making you feel humbled... anyway here goes and in no particular order.



1. She-ra - full of smiles, having won the 2009 Egg rolling championship hosted in our good northern town. It's a tradition started over 30 years ago, dwindled slightly but got back on track about 12 years ago and we haven't missed one since. The numbers of participants keep swelling and the search for the perfect Egg Rolling hill still continues. I guess this tells you about how proud I am of my daughter, how slightly strange we are with the our egg rolling obsession whilst being darn creative. The build up and aniticpation starts many weeks before the due date. The day itself is one I would never ever miss.















2. These flowers mean everything to me. I bought a tiny pot of miniature African violets for my mum for mothers day when I was 16/17. She was dead a couple of years later and somehow I have manged to keep these flowers going for over 20 years. Most good friends over the years will have had a small pot by way of a thank you. I love mine and can never quite believe how long they flower.








3. He-man! It's rare for me to get a photo of my boy without pulling ridiculous faces. This was taken last year on our first solo holiday together as happy 3 some in the south of France. I am very proud of my son, like all mothers, and somehow I feel he be taking a less traditional route to success than the university track I had envisaged for him but whatever he does I know he will be good at it and most importantly happy.











4. Laura laura laura. This photo was taken over 10 years ago. We were both working the cropped hair look very well. My sister has to be one if not the most important person in my life after my kids. I absolutely love this photo.







5. Tits. My tits to be precise. I had a plaster cast made after my very last breastfeed of She-ra. Foolish woman. I should have had them done when they were full of milky goodness and like zeppelins not half filled carrier bags. I still can't quite believe that my sister and friend at the time lathered me in their kitchen with a cast mix. I gave my tits to my Ex as a Christmas present. I kept them post divorce. After all they are mine.




6. Family. The 4 and 5 year old in this instance. But we have wrinklies to add here too of laid back and proper wrinkly variety near and far. My mother is always in my thoughts and even though I never really knew her as an adult she got me through the last couple of years. I absolutely adore my niece and nephew and they are a credit to my sister and good husband.








7. Friends. I had to truck through a lot of photos to get us all on and I couldn't find a single one but this nearly did it apart from missing our vg running friend of 3 who was ill and couldn't come to Holland last year. We had just cycled round the Vondel park before stopping off for a beer in glorious sunshine. I have absolutely fabulous friends and they have been there so much for me in the past couple of years I don't think I will ever be able to repay their kindness. I have laughed so much with them particularly on that trip when we did our own versions of Vic Reeves sings club singer style. Thank god I haven't got a vlog of that. I also need to mention that there are some other good mates that I also wanted to put on here especially the Carols of Scottish and Lancastrian variety. and Vicks and Christine and....Damn the 7 photo only restriction

I know it's an extra photo This is one of the missing friends. I couldn't leave her out. We were all laughing about this picture the other day. It was taken in Monaco. we had had the longest lunch ever and were playing celebrity lookeelikee. There was a hair dye issue just before we left. But at least she wasn't as red as the woman in the background.







So it just leave me to tag some others now. Apologies for this but I guess you will enjoy the challenge.






4 comments:

  1. ooh, I didn't expect to be tagged and am in a quandary as youngest brother keeps most of the family photos in a time capsule (biscuit tin) somewhere in southampton. ... If we find some pics I will have a go. Your children are lovely, are you the blonde? I had you down as a brunette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanking you, I'll put it on my to do list.

    I love your mum's flowers, make me sniffle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Yappy D - I too was in a quandry and set about going through all my own photos. However I then had a rethink and took photos of what's important/interesting to me instead and found it much easier
    Auntie G - I must admit to having a bit of a sniffle when I wrote that too about my mum. Will Cath Kidston peg bags be making an appearance on your list I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I really enjoyed that. You'll be glad to hear that I love your gorgeous sister too. And shall probably be drinking with her until we both fall over very shortly. And bloody hell, those flowers are amazing - how on earth did you keep them for all these years? xx

    ReplyDelete