Pages

Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Slip of the tongue

We moved house on Friday. I am officially knackered and feeling my 40 ahem something plus years. My sister, good husband and adorable children came to help on Sunday. They had the guided tour before setting work on going through the stuff we no longer wanted and raiding the kitchen cupboards for treats. When pointing to the inbuilt shelving now housing book, game and crockery collection 5 year old was heard to say " Oh Shit " Glances were exchanged and eyebrows flew off relevant adults heads, we also found it funny. Ignoring the comment we moved on. My sister was adamant that she said "oh ship". Yeah right. Coming out of the top floor now known as He-mans' lair 5 year old was heard to utter at quite loud volume " What the HELL!" I know I shouldn't but it was really funny. We are a family of potty mouths and it looks like she has inherited the gene.

11 comments:

  1. Our language can be pretty choice too, especially my husband's, so much so that our teen tells his dad off when he swears too much - that really makes Hubby feel bad!
    Good luck with the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, you're in, well done. May this be a very happy house for you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are worse things.
    Health and happiness in your new home, from a new reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats on the new home. Can't wait to hear more about it... and Laura's potty mouthed offspring (no, of course I'm not searching for potential piss-taking ammo...) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh, makes my kids sound angelic! Congratulations on your move and may you have much to celebrate and enjoy in your new home. Hoping the dog won't revert to door eating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am absolutely to blame for 'what the hell' ... but anything else is the husband's fault.

    I definitely heard a p on the end of her 'shi' ... nevertheless I knew what she was trying to say.

    I love your new house by the way ... I think I may have said that 10 times already ... but I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw shucks, thanks for all the lovely messages. We are SO loving the new house. Can't believe we are nearly all unpacked, pics up, the nutty tutty stuff out on shelves and even managed to mow the lawn on Monday, all in 5 days. Feels like we have been here a lot longer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suppose you could think of it as housewarming swearing! A house is not lived in till it's been sworn in, and if the swearing comes from a small child, then it's extra lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we can say that the house has been well and truly warmed with the effing n blinding that goes on here. The neighbours must be wondering who has come to town

    ReplyDelete