Pages

Friday, 9 April 2010

The Door



I have a lot of conversations with the Door. The Door in question is the gateway to He-mans' empire. The Door remains permanently shut. It is often slammed and is rarely open. It is like a gateway to another world. I have to knock at said door and ask for entry. Some times the Door replies " urg".
I also ask the Door some of these questions ( but clearly not all at the same time?)



" are you up yet? you are going to be late for school "

Door Reponse " Arg"

" Tea's ready"
" humpfh"

" Shall we do a revision timetable together ?"
" F*ck Sh*te"

" Your clothes are on the floor outside the Door"
"mmmm"
" We're going out -see you later "
" pfft"


" I'm going to the supermarket, do you need anything?"
" lynx and cereal"... "Please"

" I need to come in to change your bedding "
"Noooooooooooooo!"
It's a very nice door. It shields me from smells, teenage harumping, unsavoury acts ( wanking ), the fact that the only light on this room is the glow form the TV or PS3 and the general mess that is the domain of a teenage boy. I did toy wiht publishing photos of his many dirty undercrackers scattered where they fell but thought that might have been going to far.

I will miss this Door when we move later this month. I wonder if the Door will be as friendly(?) at the next place? Although given that He-man will be ensconced in the Loft room I think my relationship will now be with the staircase. Hello staircase.....

7 comments:

  1. That is really funny, but oh - I dread the coming of the teenage boy. Only eight more years to go and we'll be there! I hope the staircase is more forthcoming. There's an award for you over at mine. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey we have that conversation too - only difference is our door has a fist mark in it from a time when teenage boy tried to assert himself - and our teenage boy has a lock and key - I have to confess I sometimes try to peer through the keyhole! all I can see is a lot of mess, it's about as messy as he-man's so I guess this is average and reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, with the eau de teenage boy wafting in my nostrils I will go attempt to go clear my son's room

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey - Warning the teenage years start before they reach 13! My firend with 3 grown up sons syas 15 is the worst age, Know guesses for what number we are at.
    Mrs YD - Our fist mark, or rather hole, is the the now forlorn air hockey table. He can have the pleasure of dismantling it and taking it to the reclamation site before we move. In the meantime it poses as a handy table for all his clothes which would otherwise be on the floor
    AG - It's quite a distinct aroma isn't it? I always enter his room in trepidation as if some vicious sock or worse undercrackers are going to attack me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is a Kreative Blogger award - see here for details... http://mymummywrotethisforme.blogspot.com/2010/04/seven-things-you-might-not-know-about.html

    ReplyDelete