Pages

Sunday, 15 November 2009

I can't believe after much manic packing to move for 31st October we are still sat here in cardboard city. I have realised that the solicitors I appointed are bad on a level I didn't think could exist professionally. This in limbo status has left us all with a strange feeling of not belonging anywhere. The dog has taken to crapping in the house in strange places; if it isn't crapping she is puking. She is a sensitive soul.

So I have time on my hands which I am spending either running or reading. Running is still relatively new to me. I have dabbled over the last few years but took it up last year as a great stress reliever clcking up a regular 3 times a week with the girls . I have now 2 10K under my belt, about to do my 3rd, and a 5k dressed as Santa. Bored of my current play list on the ipod I thought I would update the tracks-to-run-to and spent yesterday afternoon googling and ipoding to my heart's content, uninterrupted by teenagers (unheard of ). A while ago I had heard that Nike had released an album specifically for runners. After much googling I tracked it down and downloaded said tracks. Not my cup of tea really but thought I would give it a try.

My preferred running tunes are as follows:
Black Eyed Peas - I got a feeling ( a bit predictable ),
The Hoosiers - good bye Mr A ( even more relevant given my ex was an A in a variety of adjectives and forenames ),
MGMT - Kids,
Kasabian - Shoot the runner
Coldplay - Viva la Vida
Jamelia - beware of the dog
Gypsy Kings - anything by them
Calvin Harris- I'm not alone and pretty much anything else by Calvin, am a big fan
Queens of the Stone Age - no one knows
Dizzee Rascal - Dance wiv me
Scissor Sisters - I don't feel like dancing
Basement Jaxx - an assortment including Raindrops, Bingo Bango
Underworld - Jumbo

Course the music makes a poor substitute for the girlie gossip I usually enjoy on my runs but we are currently injured, work horses or just plain knackered to manage 3 times a week. I just hope we can get round our 10K next week.

1 comment:

  1. Hope things get sorted soon. Waiting for a new life to start seems to always feel like being stuck in limbo.

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete