Pages

Thursday, 27 August 2009

I went to see mum today. After 18 months of complete misery and stress it was good to feel happy again and I wanted to share it with her. It was just me and the dog, who goes very feral when we go to see her due to the huge amounts of rabbits. She has a fantastic view and someone has very kindly put a huge bench nearby so you can take in the view at your leisure. As I sat down Aretha Franklin " say a little prayer" came on - how fitting. We didn't say anything, just took in the view in the warm sunshine.It really did feel good to be without the whole churning stomach and racing heart and to be looking forward at last. When it was time to leave Iggy Pop came on " Passenger" - a song of my wild youth. We smiled and I left.

R.I.P mum R.IP. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment